Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year

Jesse and I drove to Miami the day after Christmas, in a 24 foot box truck. He had to take some furniture down there to install in his boss' vacation condo, in a Trump Tower. We drove 15 hours the first day, and 17 hours the second day. By the time we got there, my ankles and feet were doubled in size, from not moving around enough. Jesse and his coworker spent the next four days installing the furniture, while I slept, read, and cried. We finally left at 6:00 pm on New Year's Eve, drove for a few hours, and then got a hotel. Jesse had beer, I had sparkling cider, and we fell asleep around 10:30. We then drove for two days, and returned late on the 2nd. Our puppies greeted us at the door, and home never felt so good. Miami is the worst place in the world. I do not recommend doing this while five months pregnant. Sitting in a bouncy truck for that long was painful, eating fast food makes me want to die, and my emotions are raging, so the whole thing was a nightmare. Happy New Year? I think not. Luckily my spirits were lifted once I got back in my kitchen :)

I will be six months pregnant this week! While having our first cell meeting of the new year last week, people were talking about where they are at, and there seemed to be a theme: everyone is trying to figure out what they should be doing. While sitting there listening, I came to my own realization, I do not have anything to figure out. I have a child growing inside of me. In about three months, I will give birth to this child, and then I will take care of her. Obviously, there is a lot to figure out when you become a parent, but until I become one, I am just sailing along. This is both an amazing, and weird feeling. I will be done with my nanny job at the end of this month, leaving me with two to three months of free time before the baby is here. I have come up with lots of fun things to do during that time......
*Finish making quilts for myself, my sister, and my brother, out of my dad's old tee shirts
*Master the art of baking homemade bread
*Prepare the baby's room!
These are just a few of my ideas. I am super excited about all of the other babies on the way! It is nice to know a lot of other people entering parenthood around the same time as us.
It feels good to feel "ready" to have a baby, especially when said baby was not planned. We had been talking about trying this year, which I think helped prepare us for finding out I was pregnant, last year. We would not change it for the world. We already love this little lady so much, and we are so freaking excited. We have more money in our savings account than we have ever had before, and we have no debt to speak of, other than our lovely little home. I am not bragging, we just feel so blessed, and as prepared as we possibly can be. Parenthood, how wild!
I want to be better about blogging. Maybe I will post some pictures of all of the new awesome kitchen gear I got for Christmas, and try to be better about taking pictures of all of the food I spend my time making. Oh, I have also been spending a lot of time cleaning out the house, and organizing. Nesting? Maybe. All I know is that it is very satisfying.

1 comment:

lana bear said...

YES PLEASE. I love your blogging, and I want to see all your new kitchen gear! what an amazing feeling to have a sense of peace about where you're at, and that you're right where you're supposed to be! So happy for you Linds