Thursday, January 28, 2010

Seitan Pot Pie

This was dinner from one night last week. It was an experiment, that I would say was successful. I sauteed some onion, garlic, and carrot. Once it was soft I sprinkled a spoonful on flour over it, to create a roux. I stirred in some veggie stock, and a little bit of milk. Then I added in the seitan, frozen peas, salt, pepper, and thyme. I did not feel like making a crust for it, so I made biscuits instead. I used one of Mark Bittman's recipes from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, which I had used before, and loved. The seitan mixture goes into a casserole dish, and the raw biscuits go on top. I baked it for as long as the biscuit recipe called for, which was around ten minutes. Oh I just remembered that I wanted potatoes in there at the last minute, so I cut some small yukon golds into quarters, boiled them, and then added them to the mixture.

No comments: