Friday, January 15, 2010

Hiccups, Dr. Bronner's, and Snickerdoodles

Yesterday I experienced something very strange in my belly. It was a consistant thump, too strong to be a pulse, and too consistant to be kicking. It was totally weird, and stopped after a few minutes. I was reading the weekly growth update on baby center this morning, and read that the baby might start getting hiccups around this time! So, miss baby must have been hiccuping yesterday. I am six months pregnant today!
I know that it is not good for you to shower and wash your skin everyday in the winter, but I cannot help it, I have to shower everyday. I tired showering and not washing my skin, but it was too weird. Then I turned to my old buddy Dr. Bronner. I always keep a bottle of Dr. Bronner's around, but do not use it everyday, I like other body wash too. Well Dr. Bronner's is AWESOME on your skin during the winter. Jesse showers everyday during the week because he is usually pretty dirty after work, but his skin get crazy dry and rashy in the winter. He has also been using Dr. Bronner's everyday, and I think it is helping.
I made snickerdoodles the other day for cell, and man, they never disapoint. I use whole wheat pastry flour, in place of regular white flour, whenever possible, and it makes me feel a little better about baking goodies :) You can hardly tell the difference when you use whole wheat pastry flour, and I actually prefer it now. Of course, I forgot to take pictures.

2 comments:

Skinny Minnie said...

Question- when using wheat flour instead on white flour, I have found that the dough is a lot drier. Do you add anything to it?
Hiccups are fun, just not when you'r trying to sleep!!

LP said...

Whole wheat pastry flour does not change the consistancy, like regular whole wheat flour would. I tried to view your blog, but it is not public. Who are you?