Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday weekend

My birthday was yesterday, I turned 26. I was reassured by several people that 26 is still considered mid 20's. Jesse started things off right on Friday by bringing flowers home, and making me spring rolls for dinner. They were amazing, and he is the best.

On Saturday night we went with eight of our dearest friends to Marrakesh, an authentic moraccan heaven. Not only do you have to have a reservation to get in, but you have to knock on the door to get in. Then you enjoy a six course meal, hand washing, and a belly dancer. We brought several bottles of wine, and were there for about four hours. I could not have asked for a more wonderful night.
On Sunday, my actual birthday, we had lots of friends over for a barbq. It was supposed to storm, but we had sunshine all day...... until the ten minute hail storm hit around 7:00...... it was wild. I think it was one of the best birthdays/ birthday weekends I have had in a long time.
After a coupon, some store credit, some birthday money, and some tax return money, I adopted my new child:



4 comments:

lover mother said...

You are going to LOVE your dyson! Happy Birthday!

wgkealey said...

Oh man, I'm going to love me some dyson. Home dorky is it that I have my ideal vacuum as a 23 year old guy?

Michael P. Heneghan said...

happy birthday!

sarah said...

my mom talks about her dyson on a frequent and often unrelated basis. but more importantly, happy birthday.