Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cell Tuesdays

Tuesday's dinner was kind of a pantry meal again. I knew we were going to be having veggie burgers, because that is usually what we do on a busy night, but I wanted something else to go along side them. First thought, bean salad, with whatever fresh ingredient I can find. A can of black beans, a can of kidney beans, a can of garbanzo beans, diced celery, diced cherry tomatoes, chopped parsley, and dijon vinegarette, which I always make and keep on hand. I topped it off with some goat cheese. Jesse made the veggie burgers on the grill, and we ate dinner outside!

I wanted to make a savory snack for cell, since a lot of people in my cell gave up sweets for lent. This snack was savory, but sweet as well, but with no added sugar. Carmelized onion dip.....

All you do is add the caramelized onions, some onion powder, and salt to some sour cream. So easy, but so amazing.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and it was delicious

lana bear said...

it looked so good!!