Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Monday Madness

After a totally crazy day at work on Monday, I came home and cooked all night. Our kitchen has been lacking fresh veggies since we have been working on the house, so I have had to get creative the past few nights. Sunday I made a last minute pot of split pea soup before pm, but did not have time to take any pictures. It is such a basic soup, all you need is split peas, veggie stock, and onion. The results are so rustic and yummy.
Last night I made a risotto with peas and lemon, and threw some sauteed chicken sausage on top. Risotto is made with arborio rice, stock, onion, parmesan cheese, and really whatever else you have on hand. I chose a bag of frozen peas, and a lemon, using the juice and the zest. If you have never made this before, you should.
We have cable now, so I have been soaking up food network. This woman on there yesterday made caramel pecan sundaes..... I of course had to have one. Jesse ran out for some vanilla ice cream, and I made caramel sauce for the first time. All it is is water and sugar, cooked very specifically, and then heavy cream is added. Healthy huh? We have a whole jar left over in the fridge.....




2 comments:

Jonny Rashid said...

I just ate lunch, but those sundaes look amazing. I want one!

Joshua Grace said...

rockin meal