Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Busy Busy

It is hard to remember what we have eaten during the past week, things have been nuts. Nothing bad, but between finishing work on the second floor, and Bess moving in, there has hardly been time to eat. There have been burritos, salmon burgers, and MACARONI AND CHEESE! As you can tell, this was my favorite. When I make mac and cheese, I use whole wheat pasta and whole wheat bread for the bread crumbs, so that it is not so unhealthy. On Friday I added sauteed kale, and used smoked gouda and sharp cheddar....... oh man was it good. Other than that, I have been living on hummus. I use three or four cans of beans, which makes a lot, but I go through it so fast. Yogurt and granola are another current favorite, Bess and I were just talking about how it reminds us of spring. Making your own yogurt is much more affordable than buying it, and it takes very little time. I will post pictures of the creamy goodness, and the yogurt maker that I use, as soon as my camera battery is charged.....

3 comments:

sanityseeker said...

you're awesome! has the yogurt maker been a good investment?

LP said...

Yes it is a great investment! It was less than $20.

Anonymous said...

hey Lindsey - we were thinking of getting a yogurt maker, and I'm glad to hear that it's worthwhile. We'll have to wait til after the summer CSA, though - we did the yogurt share last year and are doing it again this year. We signed up with Red Earth Farm again and I'm sure you'll be happy with the share.