Friday, July 11, 2008

Number Two

So, how do I "get friends" on this thing? When I go to other blogs, they have a list of links to their friend's blogs. Help please.
Jesse and I joined a CSA this year, which has been absolutely amazing. We pick up fruit and veggies every other Thursday, and I anticipate it like a child anticipates going to Disneyland. Yesterday we got romaine lettuce, bib lettuce, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, beets, onions, zucchini, squash, cucumbers, and cherries. 
For dinner last night we had mexican oven zucchini fries, and spaghetti with a hearty sauce. I took a jar of pasta sauce, and added some fresh chopped tomatoes, tvp, veggie stock, sauteed beet greens, and more spices, then put it on whole wheat spaghetti. For the fries I just cut the zucchini into strips, tossed them with olive oil, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper, then baked them at 450 for about 20 min.
Cooking makes me really happy. Especially cooking with locally grown, organic, fresh, beautiful things. Maybe I will continue to write about our dinners.

4 comments:

lana bear said...

girl.

we will have a blog teaching night.

On your "dashboard" (get to it by clicking dashboard in the upper right corner)

then click "layout" under "manage"

add a "page element" and you can add either a blog roll, which you add your friends/fav blogs, and it will rank them on last updated, and keep their latest blog title on there too.

or a link list, and just give the links to your friends blogs.

thats it my dear! you don't really add friends on here..

LP said...

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! I have it figured out now.

Jonny Rashid said...

Writing about dinners sounds awesome; inviting me and Amie over for dinner sounds better.

sanityseeker said...

my mouth is watering. YAY a new blog to read! Your cooking and baking are delicious. What are you going to be doing this fall for work? keep posting!