Friday, July 18, 2008

Do not let it go to waste

I am a big girl, I figured out how to post pictures.....

Dessert from last night: chocolate beet cake! Do not be afraid, you cannot even taste the beets. They add fiber, and make it super m-o-i-s-t.

These yellow squash were the first things I got to pick from my garden!

This was last night's dinner. It does not look so appealing, but it was fun and delicious. Sometimes I have random things that are about to go bad, and in times like that I must get creative. First I made fresh pico de gallo with tomatoes that were getting soft. We had this head of bib lettuce that needed to get used, so I decided to make wraps with them. The last thing that needed to get used was some cabbage, so I sauteed it and added salt, pepper, and cumin. That plate of mush that you see is the cabbage, refried beans, and brown rice. Put all of that, some of the pico de gallo, and sour cream into a piece of lettuce, and you have yourself a wrap. I would also like to mention the mermaid bottle opener that you see on the table. My dear friend Lindsay sent that gift to me in the mail randomly a while ago, and it is so cute.

3 comments:

lana bear said...

beet cake!!!!

Ive gotta try that!

LP said...

I totally thought of you and your chocolate cake obsession after I made it!

Jonny Rashid said...

Between the delicious-looking cake, the beautiful squash and that mermaid bottle opener, I am impressed. I wonder if you and Amie can make me and Jesse dinner out of things in your gardens.