Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Exciting x's 5

I have a few things that I am pretty pumped on right now.....

1. The quilt that I am starting for my soon to be niece or nephew. Jesse's brother and his wife Miranda are expecting their first child, and the sex is a surprise. The baby shower is next Saturday, and I am hoping to get it done by then. When I say I am starting it, I mean I have not started yet, but I am going to as soon as I am done with this post. 
2. I am going to be Miranda's doula. This will be my second birth, and  I imagine it is going to be amazing to help someone that I am close with. If you or anyone you know is pregnant, let me know, because I really want to do more births.
3. I am going to start canning! Lana and I were blown away by how big my four tomato plants were the other day, and there is going to be way more tomatoes than I know what to do with. So, I am going to make tomato sauce, salsa, and anything else that I can think of with all those tomatoes, and then can it for the winter months! Other than getting jars, I have to buy a pressure canner...... they are not cheap, but I think I will make back my money in one season.
4. Mallory is back in town!
5. Bess is back from what seemed like the longest vacation ever.

3 comments:

words and streets said...

hey lindsay! very exciting. like the canning idea, would love to learn that art (granted, i would need my own garden, first, i suppose). where are the pics of your ruby?? much love to you out there. love, allie

sanityseeker said...

all these things are really exciting to me too!! It was great to finally see you last night and be in your home again, it looks beautiful. I hope you take some pictures of the quilt and post them, as well as the pattern you used. I love quilting, especially hand-quilting.

Jonny Rashid said...

Summertime is filled with wonderful things. My favorite that you mentioned is tomatoes. And it's not just because I'm hungry. I love that my friends are becoming farmers!