Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hello World

This is our daughter, Maple Beth Parsons. Her sweet little face came into this world on April 11, a little after 3:00 pm. She was born a week early, at The Birth Center, all natural, after just 14 hours of labor. It was the most insane experience of my life. If you want more details, feel free to ask, I love talking about it. I feel so blessed to have had such an amazing experience, and am so grateful for Jesse, my mom, and Bess, who were all there to support me as we waited for Maple. She is a really good baby, and we love her so much.
She is breastfed, sleeps in bed with us, and I wear her on me a good deal of the time. Some people might call this attachment parenting, we call it, what works for us. I fell like I am an advocate for things like these, but I realize that everyone has their own way of doing things. Maple is only two months old (which is crazy!), but I already know how important it is to not force your opinions on other people, no matter how strongly you feel about them. With that said, I feel like the methods we use, help me to be the best mama that I can be. Being a parent is hard! Being a parent is also amazing. Her little body is sleeping on me right now, and right now there is no where else I would rather be, and nothing else I would rather be doing. Notice that I say, right now. Later tonight, or tomorrow, or next week, I might not feel the same way. It is hard losing your independence. Sometimes I want free hands, so I can cook a nice dinner for my husband, or water my plants, or practice my hula hooping skills (yes, Jesse and I just bought a hula hoop). Anyway, we are adjusting, and it is totally worth it. I feel like there is so much more to say, but my brain is not functioning at fully capacity yet.

2 comments:

Skinny Minnie said...

So awesome you got to go "all natural." Way to go! Enjoy every moment, it's a great adventure. I agree, there's no where else I'd rather be!!

lindseyparsons said...

Skinny Minnie, your profile is not set to public, who are you???